Sunnyside Queens stands out as an ultra-diverse neighborhood. The neighborhood is mostly Asian and Hispanic, and within those groups you’ll find even more subcultures. The neighborhoods demographics are approximately as follows:
- Asian – 40%
- African American – 1.5%
- Hispanic – 27.3%
- White – 28.7%
- Other – 2.5%
Sunnyside Queens Food
Sunnyside has a thriving food scene. The neighborhood is home to many different Hispanic and Asian populations, and that diversity shines through the food the neighborhood has to offer. Be sure to check out the following restaurants:
Sunnyside Queens is a very diverse, neighborly community in the southwest end of Queens. The neighborhood has the vibe of old school New York. People are exceptionally friendly and community-oriented, giving the neighborhood a small town feel right in the middle of the Big Apple. The neighborhood is mostly low-rise brick row houses and brownstones, with an historic district on the north end. The streets are tree-lined and idyllic, with many green spaces and parks for families and dog lovers.
Sunnyside is in the southwestern end of Queens. Long Island City and Hunters Point define the neighborhood’s western border. The Calvary Cemetery and the neighborhood of Woodside border Sunnyside to the east, with the neighborhood of Maspeth to the South. One of Queen’s most popular neighborhoods, Astoria, defines Sunnyside’s northern border.
Sunnyside Queens Attractions
- Thalia Hispanic Theater – This is the only Latin theater in Queens. Here, you can immerse yourself in the culture and vibrancy of the borough’s Latin community. Be sure to check out their virtual performances.
- Stray Vintage – Shop for vintage furniture, salvaged items, and antique goods in this neighborhood mainstay.
- Sunnyside Gardens Park – This members-only park in the historic district of Sunnyside Gardens is the perfect place to kick back and enjoy some family time or time with your furry friends.
- Drunk Shakespeare – A unique and fun theatre attraction where one professional actor downs five shots of whiskey and attempts to perform in a Shakespearean play.
- Please Don’t Tell – This neighborhood Speakeasy is a unique place to kick back and have some cocktails. Just don’t tell anyone!
- VR World NYC – This interesting attraction showcases the best of mixed reality and VR. Here, you’ll interact in a novel way with art, film, and games. The bar has some solid cocktails as well!
Sunnyside is one of the most diverse and tight-knit Brooklyn neighborhoods. Now that you know what this neighborhood has to offer, you’ll need a team of professional, reliable movers to get you there. Metropolis Moving has gained the reputation of being one of New York City’s most courteous, careful, and friendly professional moving services. Get a quote today and you’ll be on your way to living the life you envision for yourself in Sunnyside Queens.