The demographics for the neighborhood are as follows:
- 62.8% White
- 21.4% Hispanic
- 8.3% Black
- 4.7% Asian
- 2.7% Other
Spuyten Duyvil is a very tranquil residential neighborhood, and doesn’t feature an abundance of restaurants. However, there are a couple of neighborhood joints that serve up familiar New York favorites:
- Siam Square Thai Cuisine – Thai restaurant serving curries, noodles & rice dishes in a low-key neighborhood environment.
- Famous Pizza Express – Famous Pizza Express has established a reputation for providing highest quality food, excellent customer service and speedy delivery to customers in the Bronx area
The neighborhood is a wonderful mix of city and suburb. It offers the amenities and proximity to Manhattan that many New Yorkers desire. That’s mixed with the idyllic, leafy setting perched on a bluff overlooking the Hudson River and Spuyten Duyvil Creek.
This quiet, restful setting has proven to be popular with older Manhattanites looking for a little more peace in their life. However, word is getting out about the perfect balance that the neighborhood strikes, and younger 20-somethings, professionals, and families are making their way up to the Bronx to be a part of the idyllic community themselves.
Spuyten Duyvil is in the southwestern corner of the Bronx, directly north of Inwood Manhattan. It is situated on a bluff overlooking the Hudson River, on the west, and Spuyten Duyvil Creek to the south. Riverdale Ave and Tibbett Ave border the neighborhood to the east, and W 232nd St borders it to the north.
Spuyten Duyvil Attractions
- Henry Hudson Park – This small park features popular playgrounds, basketball courts, a baseball diamond, handball courts. It also features a monument to Henry Hudson.
- Ewen Park – This hillside park features a dog run, splash fountain, and basketball courts.
- Spuyten Duyvil Shorefront Park – This green space is situated on a bluff overlooking the Hudson River and Spuyten Duyvil Creek. It features beautiful green space, and phenomenal views.
Spuyten Duyvil doesn’t have any nightlife or bars within the confines of the neighborhood itself, but it features many options nearby: from eclectic neighborhood bars in the Bronx to world-class entertainment in Manhattan.
Now that you know what this neighborhood has to offer, you’ll need a team of professional, reliable movers to get you there. Metropolis Moving has gained the reputation of being one of New York City’s most courteous, careful, and friendly professional moving services. Get a quote today and you’ll be on your way to living the life you envision for yourself in Spuyten Duyvil.