What Does the American Moving and Storage Association Say?
The AMSA recommends several steps to take while preparing a move:
- Make sure everyone involved in the move wears a mask
- Follow CDC guidelines
- Notify movers ahead of time if anyone in your house has had exposure to the virus or isn’t feeling well
- Try to provide the moving crew access to a sink, soap, and paper towels. If that makes you uncomfortable, try to have hand sanitizer available.
- Don’t use old boxes or recycled boxes (buy new boxes or consider our friends at boxup)
- Consider deep-cleaning your new home before unpacking
Personal Protective Equipment
Be sure to have plenty of personal protective equipment (PPE) available. Wear a mask and have plenty of hand sanitizer available. Also be sure to wash your hands frequently, and avoid touching your face.
What are we doing differently?
At Metropolis Moving, we are:
- Following CDC guidelines, as well as federal and local guidelines around social distancing and sanitation
- Frequently sanitizing trucks and equipment
- Wearing masks and gloves, and using hand sanitizer
- Instructing our movers to disinfect their hands, the cab and the box of the truck with disinfectant spray frequently throughout the day
- Practicing social distancing with customers (no handshakes)
Click here to see the actions we are taking regarding coronavirus.
How to Find a New Place to Live during Covid-19
Right now, it’s up in the air whether or not you’re able to tour a new place in person before committing to it, especially if you’re from higher risk areas of the country. For this reason, you’ll have to be more creative to get a feel for where you’ll be living.
- Do some networking and ask colleagues, friends and family if they know anybody who has lived in the area you’re looking at.
- Get on Google Maps and look at the neighborhood you’ll be living in.
- Use Neighborhood Scout to check out the schools, crime rates and more of every neighborhood in the US.
- Use Apartments.com or Zillow and utilize photos and reviews to get a sense of your options.
- Take video tours of properties you’re interested in.
Moving with Children During Covid-19
Check out our blog on moving with kids. Be sure to cross-reference that with information on how to help your child cope with the pandemic.
Hire Professional Movers
It’s important to hire professional movers who will take the pandemic and your move seriously. At Metropolis Moving, we have a proven track record, and we are approaching the new normal with dedication to the safety of our clients and our movers. Request a quote today to get your moving process started.