Moving in NYC Amid COVID-19 Concerns
A message from the owner of Metropolis Moving:
I want to reach out to our customers regarding the actions Metropolis Moving is taking to ensure best health practices—for the safety of both our employees and our customers during this concerning time.
The health and safety of our employees and customers is our top priority.
We have implemented the following policies for our employees and clients:
1. We require that all employees refrain from handshakes with our customers, and we have instructed our employees follow basic CDC guidelines for prevention.
2. When our movers arrive at your pickup location, they will thoroughly wash their hands with soap and water. When they leave that location they will wash again, and will repeat this process throughout the day.
3. We have hand sanitizer in all our vehicles, and our movers have been instructed to disinfect the cab and the box of the truck with disinfectant spray frequently throughout the day.
4. If any of our employees show any signs of being sick, we will immediately remove them from working on a truck until they are tested and confirmed to not have contracted Coronavirus (COVID-19).
5. We ask you to please warn us if you or anybody living in a location has displayed any symptoms, and if they have been tested for Coronavirus. If you are sick, please let us know immediately so that we can reschedule your move or help you make adequate, alternate arrangements. If you must cancel because you are sick, quarantined, or caring for someone with Coronavirus (COVID-19), there will be absolutely no fee for rescheduling or cancelation.
We are a small business.
We have a maximum of 4 moving trucks out on the road on any one day, although usually we have about 1 or 2 vehicles out working on an average day. We have a total of 10 full-time employees including our Operations Manager and sales staff, who are fully remote and have long term WFH (Work From Home) arrangements. This helps our business to remain lean and flexible, but in an extraordinary circumstance like this, it helps us to keep our employees healthy and safe.
We are a fully remote company.
As a small business with years of experience operating as a remote company, we’ve found that we don’t need a central office. The movers typically park our moving trucks near their homes and on moving days, drive straight to their destination. This limits social interaction. Our Operations Manager and sales staff all have long-term remote work arrangements, and are working from home until further notice.
Finally, we recognize this state of emergency has already put a strain on businesses and working people across NYC. This is New York, and in times of crisis we come together. These aren’t the first hard times we’ve had, and they won’t be the last. I’m confident we’ll weather this storm.
We are committed to doing our best to keep our team and our customers happy, healthy, and safe. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns, we are here and always happy to help.
Email us at email@example.com or call us at 718-710-4520.
Owner, Metropolis Moving
For the latest information and guidelines for novel coronavirus 2019, please visit CDC.gov. The information above details how the Metropolis Moving team is addressing this medical crisis but should not be used as a medical resource.