Cobble Hill is certainly diverse compared to some Manhattan neighborhoods, but it’s noticeably less diverse than the average Brooklyn neighborhood. The demographics are as follows:
- Asian: 8%
- Black: 6%
- Hispanic: 10%
- White: 71%
- Two or more races: 4%
- Other: 1%
In Cobble Hill, you’ll find steakhouses, New American taverns, and old school Italian joints that compliment the historical charm of the area. You’ll also find some unexpected gems, like Awash serving up some of New York City’s best Ethiopian food. You’ll also find a neighborhood favorite for Thai food called Lemongrass Brooklyn. Residents of this neighborhood have a diverse array of dining options both locally and in surrounding neighborhoods.
|Awash||Ethiopian||Dine-in / Takeout / Delivery|
|Kitchen at Cobble Hill||Mediterranean||Dine-in / Curbside / Delivery|
|La Vara||Spanish||Dine-in / Curbside|
|Henry Public||New American||Dine-in / Saloon / Curbside / Delivery|
|Libertador||Argentinean / Steakhouse||Dine-in / Takeout / Delivery|
|Lemongrass Brooklyn||Thai||DIne-in/ Takeout / Delivery|
Cobble Hill Brooklyn is best described as an upscale quaint neighborhood with historic charm. Think cobblestone streets, historic row houses, townhouses and vintage storefronts, with local artisanal shops and independent cultural venues.
Residents are able to experience vintage Brooklyn without sacrificing any modern amenities. The streets are well-kept and pedestrian friendly with plenty of gathering places as well as overlooked corners to find some serenity.
Cobble Hill is right in northwestern Brooklyn, surrounded by Brooklyn Heights, Carroll Gardens, and Boerum Hill. The borders are along Hicks St to the west, Atlantic Ave to the north, Court St to the east, and Degraw St to the south.
- Cobble Hill Park – The park certainly isn’t the largest or most exciting in New York. However, it’s a nice little spot with a garden, benches, a great kid’s playground, and historical significance.
- Cobble Hill Cinema – Who doesn’t love an independent boutique movie theater?! Make wonderful movie memories in this local spot featuring five theaters and a plethora of international and independent showings.
- Collyer’s Mansion – Boutique home goods stores like this are hard to find. You’ll find a colorful and eclectic assortment of eco-friendly items, handmade jewelry, and original artwork to take your home decor to the next level.
- The Invisible Dog Art Center – Although this museum and arts center is actually located in Boerum Hill, it’s a great local gem that’s worth the half-mile walk into the bordering neighborhood. You’ll find eclectic modern industrial art with exhibitions, performances, and public events.
- Homage Skateboard Academy & Skate Shop – This welcoming skateboarding school has a team of dedicated instructors who will help anybody who wants to learn, young or old. The shop features skateboarding and snowboarding gear, and hosts regular skiing and snowboarding trips every season.
- Verandah Place – This charming service alley is a great spot for a quaint evening stroll with the dog, or an afternoon reading your favorite book under the leafy trees. Here you’ll find yourself lost in a picturesque courtyard of historic, well-preserved row houses.
For such a small neighborhood, Cobble Hill has an impressive array of bars and lounges for a whole variety of tastes. You’ll find upscale cocktails at places like Congress Bar, Elsa, and Clover Club. Are you more interested in Wines and Small Plates? You’ll find that at June. Cobble Hill even has a neighborhood dive bar! Decisions, decisions.
|Congress Bar||Intimate cocktail bar||Snacks|
|Elsa||Art deco cocktail bar||Snacks & Cheese Boards|
|June||Wine Bar||Locally-sourced small plates|
|Clover Club||Premier cocktail bar||Full Brunch & Dinner|
|Boat||Neighborhood dive bar||Snacks|
Cobble Hill Brooklyn Movers
There are so many reasons to love Cobble Hill. It has an upscale, low-key vibe and is loaded with great neighbors and tons of history. If you find yourself daydreaming about what it would be like to be a part of this neighborhood, you’ll need a team of professional, reliable movers to get you there.
Metropolis Moving has gained the reputation of being one of New York City’s most courteous, careful, and friendly professional moving services. Get a quote today and you’ll be on your way to living the life you envision for yourself in Cobble Hill.