The demographics for the neighborhood are as follows:
- 67.8% White
- 10.5% Hispanic
- 8.5% Black
- 8.5% Asian
- 4.7% Other
- Buttermilk Channel – This quaint, upscale eatery offers hearty New American fare in an upbeat setting. Be sure to check out their weekend brunch.
- Cremini’s – This authentic Italian bistro is dedicated to the traditional cuisine of Le Marche Region, in the heart of Italy. They offer unique, modern takes on classic Italian dishes, complemented by the finest wines, beers, and cocktails.
- El Mate – El Mate is a candid local purveyor delivering authentic culinary endeavors with quality interpretations of classic dishes from Argentina and Brazil.
- Ugly Baby – This New York staple has won over the hearts of Brooklynites for their devotion to unique regional flavors and dishes, including soups, curries, and other niche specialties.
The neighborhood is reminiscent of old-school Brooklyn. It has two main thoroughfares that offer an abundance of artesanal shops, boutiques, and restaurants to its creative residents. This neighborhood retains a nostalgic vibe, and is a great place to raise a family.
The neighborhood is located in the west end of Brooklyn. Its northern border runs along Degraw St and Warren St. It’s eastern end runs along Hoyt St. To the south and west, Interstate 278 separates the neighborhood from Red Hook.
Carroll Gardens Attractions
- Court Street – Neighborhood thoroughfare featuring a variety of artesanal shops, dining options, and places to drink.
- Smith Street – Like Court Street, this is a major artery that connects the various side streets of the neighborhood. Since it was the original “restaurant row” of the neighborhood, you get a sense of what old-school Brooklyn must have felt like when roaming this charming thoroughfare.
- Carroll Park – Historic Carroll Park is one of the oldest parks in Brooklyn, and is always filled with activity. They offer basketball rims, a baseball diamond, and a playground area for younger children.
- Brooklyn Social – Located in the former Society Riposto, a private Sicilian Club, Brooklyn Social opened the doors to the public in 2004, and has been a great place for cocktails, beer, and panini nightly ever since.
- Barely Disfigured – Taking its name from a poem by French surrealist Paul Eluard, Barely Disfigured mixes seductive, secretive and surrealist vibes and has become a favorite for locals as well as cocktail-hunting aficionados.
- Bar Great Harry – Relaxed corner watering hole offering a rotating variety of craft beers on tap & in bottles.
Now that you know what this neighborhood has to offer, you’ll need a team of professional, reliable movers to get you there. Metropolis Moving has gained the reputation of being one of New York City’s most courteous, careful, and friendly professional moving services. Get a quote today and you’ll be on your way to living the life you envision for yourself in Carroll Gardens Brooklyn.