Certificates of Insurance (COI)
1. Does one or both of your buildings require a certificate of insurance (COI) for hired movers?
- Please note not all buildings require insurance from movers.
- Typically only elevator buildings in Manhattan with doormen will require a COI, but some elevator buildings will require them, and a handful of walkups around the city will require one.
- We charge a $40 administrative fee per COI completed. We charge $50 if 2 COI’s need to be completed.
2. We cannot make a certificate until we receive the information from your building that needs to be put on it.
- Your building’s management company should provide you with the relevant information needed in order to complete this document.
- They will typically email you with the information that needs to be placed on the COI. It’s usually a sample certificate or a similar document in a .pdf format.
- Please forward this information to us and we’ll make up a COI and send it to the appropriate contact from your building’s management company.
3. It’s important to get the required info to us as soon as possible.
- It’s important for your building’s management to receive the COI as far ahead of the moving date as possible to avoid any issues.
- We can make a COI on the same day, but please keep in mind most management companies are not open on the weekend.
- If you booked with us last minute it’s extra important to make sure that you communicate with us and your building regarding the approval of the COI as fast as possible.
4. Metropolis Moving holds the following policies that will be on our COI:
- $1,000,000 Commercial General Liability
- $2,000,000 General Aggregate
- $5,000,000 Excess Umbrella Liability
- $1,000,000 Auto Liability
- $50,000 Per Single Conveyance Motor Truck Cargo Liability
- Workers Compensation & Employers Liability (in the amount required by the state).
Yes, all this insurance stuff is pretty annoying, but it’s necessary for us to maintain our status as the most trusted fully insured movers in NYC! Please let us know if you have any questions!