Windsor Terrace has a population of 17,810 , of which 51 % are female and 49% male. The neighborhood has the following demographics:
- 71% White
- 12% Hispanic
- 3% African American
- 9% Asian
- 4% Two or more races
- 1% Other race
- Daytime: If you are looking to have a delicious breakfast with roasted local coffee, this is the right place to go. Their ingredients are high-quality and locally sourced. They offer daily specials, large portions, and a beautiful ambience.
- 212 Burgers: The right place for a big, juicy burger with fries and a shake. Burgers can be customized, with options for vegetarians as well. The restaurant is a locally-owned and operated family establishment, with friendly service and a great neighborhood vibe.
- Krupa Grocery: This is the right place if you don’t know what to eat and you are open to everything. It has a large selection of delicious food, desserts and drinks. They have a fantastic outdoor space for all seasons, the staff is really cheerful and the dinner specials are out of this world. A unique aspect of this place is that they offer an all day menu to satisfy any craving.
Windsor Terrace has a peaceful community vibe. People are friendly and try to help others. The neighborhood is safe and family-oriented. Its central location makes it great for young professionals as well.
The neighborhood is located in central Brooklyn, bordered on both sides by Brooklyn’s largest green spaces. Prospect Park defines the neighborhood’s eastern border. Caton Ave runs along the southern border. McDonald Ave and 20th st run along the western edge. To the north 8th Ave runs along the northwestern end, with 15th street running along the northeastern end.
Windsor Terrace Attractions
- Bartel-Pritchard Square: Thinking of having a relaxing and peaceful day on a Wednesday or Sunday? This is the place to go. The farmers market offers fresh food and plenty of locally-sourced veggies and fruit . It’s the perfect spot to enjoy a beautiful sunset and take a nice walk with a friend.
- Prospect Park: Widely known for its intricate man made wetlands and for being the bulk of Brooklyn’s remaining indigenous forest, the park is a vast green space in the heart of Brooklyn. Contained within its 526 acres are a zoo, the first urban-area Audubon Center in the nation, an ice rink, a band shell, a carousel, and dozens of athletic and recreational facilities.
Windsor Terrace is not known for its nightlife but it has some solid options for great drinks and great conversation with friendly locals. Here are our favorites:
- Hamilton’s Bar: This local tavern is perfect for dinner and drinks with friends. The ambiance is relaxing, warm and inviting.
- The Double Windsor: A very popular and diverse bar with a delicious well priced menu, a long selection of craft beers, and friendly patrons of all ages.
Now that you know what this neighborhood has to offer, you’ll need a team of professional, reliable movers to get you there. Metropolis Moving has gained the reputation of being one of New York City’s most courteous, careful, and friendly professional moving services. Get a quote today and you’ll be on your way to living the life you envision for yourself in Windsor Terrace.