Queens has always been a very diverse borough, and Middle Village is no exception. The neighborhood has the following demographics:
- Asian: 11.2%
- Black: 1.2%
- Hispanic: 16.7%
- White: 69.8%
- Mixed: 1.1%
Middle Village Food
- K’antu Peruvian Cuisine: K’antu offers a menu that is made with fresh and authentic ingredients faithful to the essence of the Peruvian cuisine. Their intimate environment and personalized customer service brings people closer to one of the most outstanding cuisines in the world.
- Villa Erasmo: This local neighborhood gem serves classic Italian favorites that might otherwise require a trip to Manhattan. Prices are relatively affordable, and the atmosphere is the right balance of casual and elegant.
- Chick’n Rotonda: Chick’n Rotonda brings traditional Filipino cuisine such as lechon manok, liempo, and Filipino coffee right to the Middle Village neighborhood.
- Rosa’s: Authentic, Sicilian-style, neighborhood pizzeria offering slices as well as whole pies.
- My Sushi: My Sushi is a cornerstone in the Middle Village community and has been recognized for its outstanding Sushi cuisine, excellent service and friendly staff.
The neighborhood is a peaceful, family-oriented neighborhood with lots of young families. Though entertainment and nightlife options are limited, the neighborhood has lots to offer in the way of green spaces and tranquility. It’s the perfect place for families that want true suburban living in the middle of New York City.
Middle Village, like the name suggests, is located right in the middle of Queens. The northern border of the neighborhood is defined by the Long Island Expressway. Mount Olivet Cemetary runs along the neighborhood’s western border. Cooper Ave and the Montauk Branch railroad tracks define the neighborhood’s southern border. Woodhaven Blvd runs along the eastern border of the neighborhood.
Middle Village Attractions
Juniper Valley Park: This is one of Queens’ best parks. They have an endless offering of sports facilities, including:
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bocce Courts
- Shuffleboard Courts
- Football Fields
- Running Tracks
- Soccer Fields
- Tennis Courts
- Handball Courts
- Roller Hockey Rink
Though the neighborhood doesn’t offer much in the way of nightlife, Pat’s Sports Bar is a neighborhood establishment offering good beer and cocktails in a casual, cozy atmosphere.
Moving to Middle Village Queens
Metropolis Moving has gained the reputation of being one of New York City’s most courteous, careful, and friendly professional moving services. Get a quote today and you’ll be on your way to living the life you envision for yourself in Middle Village, Queens.