The demographics for Battery Park City are as follows:
- Asian: 20.2%
- Black: 3.2%
- Hispanic: 7.7%
- Native American: 0.1%
- White: 65.4%
- Two or more races: 3.0%
- Other: 0.4%
- Blue Smoke – Blue Smoke Battery Park City serves original New York barbecue for lunch and dinner in the heart of Lower Manhattan, steps from the World Trade Center and Brookfield Place.
- Merchants River House – A casual, family-friendly restaurant facing the Hudson River & Statue of Liberty, serving moderately priced American Regional fare.
- Le District – Le District is NYC’s premier French market and food hall in Brookfield Place. Home to the Michelin starred L’Appart, Beaubourg brasserie & delicious French goods. This massive French food hall has it all.
- Pick A Bagel – For nearly thirty years, Pick A Bagel has been making bagels the New York way – hand rolled and kettle boiled. They use only the finest ingredients, and everything is baked fresh in house.
- Inatteso Pizzabar – Since opening in December 2008, Inatteso has been well known for their Sicilian style pizzas, handmade pastas and a constantly changing Specials menu. They utilize seasonal local vegetables, meats, seafood, and imported Italian specialties to create a modern style Italian menu.
Battery Park City is a planned community in Lower Manhattan that runs along the Hudson River. Residents enjoy the prime location, most of them being able to walk to their workplaces in Lower Manhattan. The neighborhood features lush greenery and sweeping views of the Hudson River. It feels like a suburban escape, right in the middle of Manhattan.
Battery Park City is located in Lower Manhattan. It’s western flank borders the Hudson River, with its eastern border being defined by West St. The neighborhood stretches north to Pier 25, and its southern border begins at the Battery.
Battery Park City Attractions
- Ellis Island Immigration Museum – The museum tells the stories of why so many people immigrated to America and what became of them after they arrived. Ellis Island has become a place where families and individuals celebrate and honor those family members who made the arduous journey to a new life in America.
- Battery Park Esplanade and Park – The Esplanade runs the entire length of Battery Park City along the Hudson River. With its views of the Hudson River and New York Harbor, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the New Jersey shoreline, the Esplanade is a pedestrian paradise.
- Brookfield Place – From waterfront cafes along the North Cove Marina to palm trees inside the famed Winter Garden, art installations to live music, Brookfield Place New York is a setting for discovery and inspiration, savoring and indulging, relaxing and socializing.
- Skyscraper Museum – The Museum celebrates New York City’s rich architectural heritage and examines the historical forces and individuals that have shaped its successive skylines.
- Manhattan Waterfront Greenway – This waterfront greenway is perfect for walking or cycling. It is 32 miles long, around the island of Manhattan, with the largest portions running along the Hudson River right through Battery Park City.
- Poets House – Public poetry library overlooking the Hudson, holding events, workshops & talks for wordsmiths. They seek to document the wealth and diversity of modern poetry, to stimulate dialogue on issues of poetry in culture, and to cultivate a wider audience for the art.
Battery Park City is a prime location for nightlife. The neighborhood is right in Lower Manhattan, a short walk or Uber ride away from some of the best nightlife in the world. The neighborhood itself is slightly more tranquil than the surrounding neighborhoods, but they still offer a plethora of fun nightlife options:
- Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar – Contemporary craft cocktail lounge on the Conrad Hotel roof, with sweeping views, craft cocktails, & small plates.
- Treadwell Park – This craft beer hall has 20 rotating craft beers and ciders on draft, as well as craft cocktails and even ice cream floats. They offer delightful bar food, big screen TVs, and even ping pong tables and pinball machines.
- The Upstairs at 66 – What started out as a second floor event space has now transformed into Stone Street’s first game room and lounge. They offer shuffleboard, ping pong, pinball, skee-ball, darts, arcade games, board games and more!
Now that you know what this neighborhood has to offer, you’ll need a team of professional, reliable movers to get you there.
Metropolis Moving has gained the reputation of being one of New York City’s most courteous, careful, and friendly professional moving services. Get a quote today and you’ll be on your way to living the life you envision for yourself in Battery Park City.